Alertness Reading List
by Chris Tougas
From Goodreads: “The six little ninjas of Dojo Daycare and Dojo Daytrip are back for a third adventure—this time, planning a surprise birthday party for their master. Stealthy as ever, the ninja girls and ninja boys tiptoe around without a noise (or so they think) as they prepare for the celebration. Meanwhile, the master is spooked by the noises and shadows he senses around him. Is there a dragon over there? It’s a total dojo scare! Master must be more aware. He tells himself: If I use my ears and eyes, I won’t be taken by—SURPRISE! “
After reading the story to the class, process it with these or similar questions:
- Did you enjoy the book?
- Did you think the alert Master was going to spoil the surprise?
- Have you ever been surprised by a visit, a gift or a party?
- What did the Master say he had to use to stay alert? (If I use my ears and eyes, I won’t be taken by surprise)
- How do you use your ears to stay alert to danger?
- How do you use your ears to stay alert to the needs of others?
- How do you use your eyes to stay alert to danger?
- How do you use your eyes to stay alert to the needs of others?
Previous Education Posts:
Do you have any favorite books about Alertness? Share them below!