Wrap two presents, one with pretty paper and a bow. The other use newspaper that is torn and wrinkled. You can do the same with a pretty bag and plain paper bag or containers. Inside the nice package, put a roll of toilet paper. In the not so nice-looking package put M & M chocolate candies. Ask each person which package they would choose. Since most would choose the nicer one, open it first. Then open the not so nice-looking package. Share the candy with everyone.
To process the activity, ask these or similar questions:
- What did you think when you saw the presents?
- Did you make a judgement right away on which one had more value?
- Were you surprised about the contents of the packages?
- Do the different color M & Ms taste differently?
- Does God make some people worth more than others?
- Will you remember these packages when you meet someone new who may not look like you?
How did this activity go when you used it with your group? Did you make any modifications that worked better for you? Share your experience below!